The short answer is Yes!
It’s usually the main reason people gravitate to recumbent trikes and the reason why they are the fastest growing segment of the bicycle industry.
Recumbent trikes are comfortable, easy to ride, and fun! You ride in a semi-laid-back position, with your legs in front of you in a relaxed state. Your body’s weight is distributed over a wider area so that there is not allot of pressure on any one point of the body. Riding a trike reduces wear-and-tear on the body and fatigue compared to a conventional bicycle.
A recumbent trike provides a good workout for individuals of all ability levels. It is safe and provides a low impact total body workout. Due to the low impact the recumbent trike reduces the risk of pain and can build strength. On a trike you can get a low-impact aerobic workout. You can burn lots of calories depending on how long or intensely you ride; or you can go at a comfortable pace and just get a good workout.
- No pain in the butt
- Comfortable on the back, legs and wrists
- Easy to get in and out of
- Ease and comfort means you ride longer and farther
- Still get a great workout
- Dont need to worry about balancing
- Hundreds of accessories to gain even further comfort
- Several great manufacturers: ICE, Catrike, Greenspeed and TerraTrike